M.B.L. Brok is the data controller of your personal information collected through the benbrok.com & benbrok.nl websites.
The information we collect
We collect information directly from individuals, and automatically through the use of our services.
The information we collect directly from individuals: email address, name, contact information, phone number (optional) and company information (optional).
Information we obtain through the use of our services: This information is primarily non-personally identifiable information of the type that web browsers and services such as Google Analytics typically make available (e.g., language, browser type, referring site, length of visit, to name a few).
Other non-identifiable information that we have access to includes how you use our website, cookies, your approximate location, etc. This non-identifiable information is collected to better understand how visitors use our services and how we can continually improve visitor experience.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may contain embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor had visited the other website.
How we use the information
We use the information you provide about yourself to fulfil your order for our services, to respond to your inquiries about your order, and to inform you of the status of your order.
We use member information in the following ways:
- Email address: to send you order confirmation, online companion emails, invoices and further correspondence.
- Name: to answer your reply and for billing purposes.
- Address, postcode, city (required), company information: to send the invoice and for our administration, to comply with legal obligations.
- Payment and invoice data: for our administration, to comply with legal administrative obligations.
Who has access to your data?
To begin with, we do not sell, trade or rent personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. In order to provide our services, there is data that we need to share with third-party service providers – for example, “Data Processors.” These third parties act as data processors within the meaning of the relevant privacy legislation.
Website hosting/development: Our hosting provider hosts your data in the Netherlands. The website developer only has occasional access to your data as necessary to carry out the development/administration.
- Email service: We may use email marketing software to manage our emails and your data.
- Accounting Services: Our billing and administration is performed by an online accounting software. Our accountants have access to your data to process our records.
- Legal Counsel: In the event of a legal dispute, we may be required to pass data to legal counsel and use it in legal proceedings. In doing so, we only pass on the data necessary for the connection to the legal proceedings.
- Government agencies: If we are legally obliged to do so, we must pass on your data to government agencies, for example to the tax authorities.
How long do we keep your data?
Are you aware of your rights?
If and when we process your personal data, you remain the owner of your data. Therefore, you have the right to do the following:
- Access your data: You can request information from us about the data we have stored about you at any time.
- Deletion: You may at any time submit a request to us to delete your personal data.
- Rectification: You may request us to correct or supplement your personal data at any time if you believe it is incorrect (or incomplete).
- Portability of Data: In the event that we process your personal data digitally, you may request the portability of your personal data at any time.
Choices regarding personal data
We offer all our clients the opportunity to view, modify or delete all personal information as listed above. Customize/Subscribe to Inspiration emails: At the bottom of every email you receive from us, you will find the option to unsubscribe.
Customize/Subscribe Communication: If and when you wish to update your information or take any kind of action regarding personal information, you may contact us directly to do so. Please see the contact information below.
Benbrok.com uses “cookies” (text files placed on your computer). These cookies are placed to increase user comfort and make our website as useful and functional as possible. One of the purposes of our cookies is to ensure that our website works optimally; we collect data for research to better understand our customers and how they use our website. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information (e.g., phone numbers or email addresses). Therefore, our cookies cannot be used for email or telemarketing campaigns.
We may use the following types of cookies
- Functional cookies: These cookies ensure that our website works properly. These cookies can store the name of your browser, the type of computer and technical information about how you are connected to our website. All this information is ultimately used to (technically) facilitate the navigation and use of our website. Finally, these cookies can be used to store personal settings, such as language.
- Analytics: These cookies allow us to measure the use of our website and are placed by Google Analytics to measure the number of visits and the elements of the website that are most popular with visitors. All in all, this information is aggregated to ultimately improve our website content and user experience. Analytical cookies also measure how you found our websites to measure the effectiveness of email campaigns, ads or AdWords.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are used to share website content on social media or a related website. You can share parts of our website on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, to name a few. These cookies allow you to do this.
Cookies do not store your personal data, but they usually process your IP address. If you do not want cookies to be stored on your computer or if you want to delete already stored cookies, you can arrange this through the settings screen in your browser settings (how to adjust these settings varies by browser).